Sunday, January 22, 2012

Whew!

Well, here we are, after two very long travel days and two overnights, in New Mexico! I must say I was not a very good traveler for this leg of the trip. Texas just didn't have much appeal to me -- it is WAY too big, too dirty, and too boring! After many many miles of the same scenery, pretty as it was, I was glad when we finally reached El Paso where there were at least some billboards to read and something to look at besides piles of gravel, sagebrush and an occasional dead coyote along the roadside! It is amazing to me the absolute squalor these people live in! Rusted mobile homes and abandoned shacks dot the landscape, and then in the blink of an eye, whole city's appear! We are staying at a nice campground in Deming, New Mexico - Hidden Valley Ranch (also my favorite salad dressing!) tucked in a little valley in the middle of nowhere with magnificent views all around us. I'll add pictures tomorrow, but for now . . . Good night!

OK, so maybe I was just a little travel-weary last night! As promised, here are the pics!

Indian Attack!!  Cheyenne Land RV Park

I-10 Texas

More I-10 Texas

Hidden Valley Ranch RV Park - Deming, NM





Day is Done!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... piles of gravel or piles of snow? That is a good one to ponder. Given the choice, I would be there with you in a heartbeat! :)

    Glad you guys are having so much fun! Thanks for keeping us updated on what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete